Hernia Treatment, Surgery in Chandigarh
Hernia Surgeon in Chandigarh – Hernia is a common disease. So what exactly is hernia, a hernia is a condition that occurs when an internal part of our body pushes through an opening or weakness in the tissues that normally contain it.? This can occur as a result of a weakness in the surrounding wall. The defect is usually in the abdominal wall or the groin. It can also happen in the chest wall and other parts of the body.
There are various types of hernia. These include:
- Groin Hernia, which could be either Inguinal or Femoral Hernia
- Abdominal Wall Hernia include Epigastric Hernia, Ventral Hernia, Paraumblical hernia, Umblical Hernia, Lumbar hernia
- Incisional Hernia: These occur in previous surgery scars and commonly found on the abdominal wall.
Dr. Rajeev Kapoor specializes in hernia surgery and performs hernia surgery in Chandigarh. He is a renowned hernia surgeon in Chandigarh, India. He has treated many patients for hernia surgery through out his career.
Inguinal (Groin) Hernia: Management And Treatment
We will in this article explain the diagnosis and management of groin hernia also popularly called inguinal hernia. It will examine the clinical features, causes, and treatment options of groin hernia.
Know everything about groin hernia
What is a hernia?
A hernia is a typical problem that happens when part of an indoor body organ or intestinal tract protrudes via a muscle out as a bulge. Hernias can occur around the belly button, by means of a medical scar (incisional hernia), in the diaphragm, or in the groin (the location in between the abdomen as well as the upper leg on both sides of the body).
Also See: Umbilical Hernia Surgery in Chandigarh
What is an inguinal hernia?
An inguinal hernia occurs when a part of the intestinal tract or fat from the abdominal cavity protrude out as a lump via the weak abdominal wall surface area into the inguinal, or groin region. It could be unilateral or bilateral.
- It can occur at any age. In children it could be a congenital in origin. Heavy exercise can cause it in adulthood. Elder can have it and actually it is common after the age of 40. Male over age 40 are much more most likely to get direct inguinal hernias than women. Relating to 25% of males, in addition to simply around 2% of ladies, will certainly develop an inguinal hernia in their life time.
- A family history of having an inguinal hernia, smoking cigarettes, and also people that have had previous abdominal surgical procedure are at greater risk for obtaining an inguinal hernia.
What is a incarcerated or strangulated inguinal hernia?
- Incarcerated or strangulation of inguinal hernias is unusual, yet severe concerns can produce if a hernia is left ignored. Incarceration happens when part of the fat or digestive system from inside the abdominal area gets stuck in the groin or scrotum as well as cannot be returned or pushed back into the abdominal area. Strangulation can occur when incarcerated hernia is not treated and the part inside the hernia gets gangrenous. Strangulated hernia is an emergency situation and also may result in some loss of intestinal tract. The main symptoms include pain, redness, inability to be able to reduce the hernia and tender to touch.
What are the signs of an inguinal hernia?
- A lump on one or both sides of the groin that disappears when lying down.
- Discomfort in the groin, specifically when training, coughing or exercising.
- An experience of weak point, thickness or burning in the groin.
- A puffy scrotum (the sac-like a part of the male genitalia below the penis).
Do all inguinal hernias call for surgical procedure?
Yes. All inguinal hernia need surgical procedure. It will certainly not get better or disappear on its own.
Just how is an inguinal hernia repaired?
Inguinal hernia fixing is a common surgery, which is called herniorrhaphy or hernioplasty. It is done laparoscopically or by open method.
Treatment of Inguinal Hernia
- Open hernia repair: This is an operation in which a cut is made in the groin, the components are pushed back into the abdominal area and the abdominal wall surface is strengthened with mesh as well as stitches.
- Minimally invasive or laparoscopic hernia repair: It is a much less invasive procedure in which tiny, half-inch cuts are made in the in the lower abdominal area as well as a slim tube with a tiny camera affixed is placed inside. This is called a laparoscope. The laparoscope sends out pictures to a monitor or a tv screen display and then surgery of the hernia is done with these little incisions. Mesh is used in this surgery as well.
- Robotic hernia repair: It’s similar to laparoscopic surgical treatment. Robot surgical procedure uses a laparoscope, as well as surgical procedure is carried out in the same manner (tiny lacerations, a tiny video camera and forecasting the within the abdominal area on tv). Right here the surgeon is seated at a console in the operating room, and also manages the surgical tools from the console. It’s similar to laparoscopic surgery, but more expensive.
What is the healing after inguinal hernia repair surgery?
- Healing from both minimally invasive and open surgical treatment typically requires some medication to deal with postoperative discomfort. Individuals are recommended to not lift anything heavy or engage in strenuous task. One night admission is required.
- Minimally intrusive hernia surgical procedure has a shorter recovery time. Minimally invasive surgery might not be a choice for individuals with larger hernias or those who have actually had previous hernia surgical procedure and have a recurrence.
- Groin or inguinal hernia when discovered should be shown to a surgeon. Surgery is recommended as the treatment; though the surgery can be planned in the next few weeks or months. However, waiting longer would mean that the hernia will become larger or more difficult to deal with.
- Symptomatic hernia should be treated earlier than later. If it is a painful lump or hernia becomes irreducible, then emergency consultation should be sought the same day; emergent surgery may be required.
- Laparoscopic repair is the best way to treat inguinal hernia. Hernia in both the groins can be handled through the same small incisions while performing laparoscopic surgery. Postoperative recovery is quicker and return to work is faster with laparoscopic surgery. Postoperative pain is lesser than open surgery.
Dr. Rajeev Kapoor is a Hernia Specialist in Chandigarh. He is a best Hernia Surgeon in Chandigarh, India. He is a highly experienced Hernia Surgeon and has successfully performed thousands of surgeries in Chandigarh and other cities of India. Book your appointment for free consultation. Call at +91-9876-507-444 to get the best treatment for inguinal hernia.