Appendix Treatment Doctor in Chandigarh
Emergency Surgery: Appendicitis should never be ignored
Appendicitis Surgery in Chandigarh – Appendicitis happens if your appendix becomes irritated or infected; it is commonly called acute appendicitis. The appendix is a small tube-shaped organ affixed to cecum, a part of the large intestinal tract on the right lower abdomen. Nobody understands what the appendix’s function is– but we do recognize that appendicitis is a serious condition. A surgeon is required to diagnose and treat appendicitis; surgery involves removing of the appendix, a procedure called an appendectomy.
Approximately 5% of the population can get appendicitis necessitating surgery. Appendicitis can occur at any type of age, although it’s most typical in individuals in their teens and 20s.
An infected appendix may create discomfort off and on. Or it may rupture open (rupture), creating sudden, severe discomfort. A ruptured appendix can spread microorganisms in the abdomen. This infection of the abdomen can sometimes cause infection called peritonitis, which can be fatal if not treated promptly.
Where is your appendix?
- The appendix is in on the right side of the umbilicus in the lower abdomen.
Signs and symptoms of appendicitis
It’s unclear what brings on appendicitis. Something causes an inflammation (irritability and also swelling) or infection in your appendix. Causes could include:
- Clot at the opening where the appendix attaches to the intestinal tracts.
- Digestion system infection.
- Inflammatory digestive tract condition.
- Cancer inside the appendix.
What are the symptoms of appendicitis?
- Severe stomach pain in the right lower abdomen is a sure shot indicator of appendicitis. Signs usually begin suddenly as well as become worse. They include:
- Stomach pain aggravated when you cough, sneeze, breathe in or relocate.
- Swollen tummy.
- Bowel irregularity.
- Looseness of the bowels.
- Inability to pass gas.
- Loss of appetite (not really feeling hungry when you usually would).
- Low-grade high temperature (listed below 100 levels F).
- Nausea as well as vomiting.
Diagnosis of appendicitis
- Blood test to check for infection.
- Ultrasound or CT scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is rarely required
Treatment of appendicitis
- Once appendicitis is diagnosed everyone will require a surgical procedure called an appendectomy. It gets rid of a diseased appendix. If the appendix hasn’t yet ruptured, surgical procedure stops that rupture and also maintains infection from dispersing.
- Prior to surgery, you receive intravenous (IV) antibiotics to treat infection. Some instances of mild appendicitis improve with prescription antibiotics alone. Your doctor will certainly watch you closely to identify if you need surgical treatment. Surgery is the only method to treat appendicitis.
- If you need surgical procedure appendectomies are done laparoscopically. Laparoscopic procedures take place with a scope via little incisions. This minimally intrusive method aids you heal much faster, with less discomfort. You might require open abdominal surgical procedure (laparotomy) if the appendix tears and causes peritonitis
What are the complications of appendicitis?
If it isn’t treated, an unhealthy appendix can fracture. A burst appendix can cause an infection that can result in severe ailment as well as even fatality. These complications include:
- This pus is drained under radiologic guidance and a tube is inserted. These tube will eliminate liquid from the abscess; surgery is planned later after a few weeks Throughout this time, you take antibiotics to combat infection. After the abscess is gone, you’ll have surgical treatment to eliminate the appendix.
- Peritonitis is infection of the abdominal cavity. It is a serious condition, if infection spreads throughout the abdomen. Open surgery (laparotomy) eliminates the fractured appendix and also deals with the infection.
- Bacteria from a ruptured appendix can enter your blood stream. If it does, it can create a major problem called sepsis. It can be fatal. It needs hospital treatment with strong antibiotics. Surgery is also indicated in these situation.
Important Tips about Appendicitis
Without prompt clinical interest, appendicitis can be quite serious.
A burst appendix creates widespread infection that can be harmful.
See your surgeon if you have severe abdominal discomfort, a vital indicator of appendicitis.
Surgical treatment in the form of a minimally invasive laparoscopic method utilizes small incisions is the best option.
Dr. Rajeev Kapoor is a Appendix Surgery Specialist in Chandigarh. He is a highly experienced and has successfully performed many Appendix Surgeries in Chandigarh. If you are experiencing symptoms of appendicitis, it is important to see a doctor immediately. Dr. Rajeev Kapoor is a leading surgeon in Chandigarh and has performed numerous appendicitis surgeries with successful outcomes. Book Your Appointment or Call at +91-9876-507-444 to get the best treatment for Appendicitis.